Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hair Chalk?! Lets Chalk it up!


Hair chalk is usually used during the summer for that cute hipster hairstyle. When you are short on cash & need a quick solution for your color. Hair chalk is your friend.  Although, I do not recommend using it if you have something extremely nice on because the chalk does rub off a bit.

STEP BY STEP
  1. Brush out your hair: To get rid of any tangles or knots in your hair for easy application.
  2. Depending on product, use the little sponge(given in package) under the strand of hair you want to color so you don't make a complete mess. If the product did not come with one, it is OK you will just have to wash your hands afterwards.
  3.  Place chalk(chalk side down) on top of the hair strand, half way up your hair length or just after your roots. This part really depends on if you like a peek-a-boo or highlight style. =)
  4. Once you've found where you would like to start; push gently on the chalk while sliding it down your hair. Do not go up & down with the chalk! It will cause the hair to tangle or frizz up.
  5. After reaching the bottom take the chalk pad/stick off of your hair & go back to the start of your line. Only go down with the chalk, never up.
  6. Style your hair with LIGHT heat or nice braid to complete the look.  Or just leave it straight. Lol
  7. FINALLY spray your hair with finishing spray or a light-weight hairspray to avoid major wear off. 

                          
            Here is how I used it! 

My hair was fading from Purple to Orange.

THEN
Pink Purple fade!

Like I said in my previous post I have thick hair, so I used my whole pan of chalk on just the orangish parts. 
This result is more then satisfying, I loved it! I threw in a nice crown braid to complete my look and went about my day.
Hair Chalk is one of the greatest short term hair "dyes". Even though its for a couple hours I still say that it is worth purchasing. The brand I bought was the Splat Hair Chalk and I paid about 6.89 before tax. But I found that Amazon has better deals on hair chalk then local stores in my town.
I hope you all enjoyed today's blog!

-Tasha

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love the color on you. Definitely need to give hair chalk a try.

    May from La Vie en May

    ReplyDelete